Friday, 30 November 2012

a promise of Christmas cheer



Hello lovelies
OOoh it's a very cold and frosty morning here
Brrrrr
but I don't mind at all
I am warm and cosy at my kitchen table
with a fresh, steaming hot coffee
peace and quiet all around
just how I like it


Do you remember a while back when I was kindly asked
by Sarah Raven to review some of their indoor bulbs
here is the post if you'd like a look





Well my bulbs arrived a couple of weeks ago






I promptly potted them up
following the little instruction book that came with my order
The bulbs were fat and plump
it always amazes me that something so beautiful
and, in this case, gorgeously fragrant
can emerge from one of these
little brown pointy things




Isn't nature just blooming brilliant?


They are so easy to plant ~

I used some 'bulb' compost, which I found at the garden centre
with LOTS of grit mixed in
large, deep pots are best as narcissi are big bulbs and grow quite tall
plant the bulbs just below the soil surface
pointy end up with 2 -3 inches between each bulb
(I think mine are a bit snug)






 






I added a layer of grit on top too
just cos I like it
:o)


      The bulbs need a spell in cold to ensure they flower well
although they don't need it to be dark, like most other indoor bulbs
     mine have been in the greenhouse for a couple of weeks now
I think I will bring them inside this weekend
it's all very exciting
 the compost needs to be kept moist but not wet
job done.
 easy peasy.

I do need to collect some twiggy sticks as they grow fairly tall
the sticks make sure they behave
they should will flower 4 to 6 weeks from planting
so there’s no time to loose if you fancy having a go yourself
even if it’s a bit tight to get them flowering for Christmas now
they would be so cheerful in January
I am tempted to plant some more

I will keep you updated on their progress
fingers crossed for Christmas day flowers
just like these .....


sooooooo pretty .....


 By the way ..... have you seen the Sarah raven Christmas range???


I have a serious case of the wanties
 I am hoping father Christmas may read this

* * * * *

I have been a very good girl this year
promise











christmas at sarahraven.com



 Wishing you all a super-dooper weekend
mine is a busy-but-nice one .....
a crafty get-together with friends tonight
a take-away evening with my brother and sister-in-law tomorrow
and on Sunday we are off to see Sweet B
two weeks and she will be home for the holidays ..... HOORAH

Thank you for popping by
it's always lovely to see you
can you believe that t's December tomorrow?!?!?
YIKES!


BIG love 
x jooles x




11 comments:

  1. Ooh those bulbs are beautiful, the clear glass baubles look so pretty dangling from them. I'm sure yours are going to look just as fabulous Jooles! Have a beautiful weekend, sounds like its jam packed :)
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy weekend dear friend and a big hug for Sweet B, please!!!
    xxx Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, thanks for the inspiration!
    Have a splendid weekend, lots of love from Mirjam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always very satisfying planting bulbs I think, knowing that eventually something pretty is going to pop out of the compost. I have all the lovely bulbs I won in your giveaway planted too, looking forward to seeing them all. :)
    Have a lovely weekend Jooles,
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post on the paperwhites, Sarah Raven can be proud. Wish you a very nice wekend and I go to have a look at Sarah's Christmas range.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to see little bulbs popping up ... can't wait to see your beautiful flowers ... enjoy your weekend ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, can't wait to see your pretty narcissi....
    Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your day with Sweet B :)

    Big hugs,
    Caroline xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, they look lovely, I shall have to pop over to the website, just because Santa might of missed something of my list you understand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely flowers do they have a perfume?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosalind, yes they have a gorgeous frangrance!
      love jooles x

      Delete
  10. The flowers look so beautiful, Jooles! I have planted some paperwhites too....not much is happening to them yet but am expecting them to be in bloom for Xmas....love the scent and fresh blooms so much! Hope you had a lovely day with Sweet B :) Wishing you a happy crafty week!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I l♥ve it that you do

Go On ..... Please leave me a comment ..... you know you want to really ~ It’ll make my day & I’d love to know what you think

I moderate my comments so it won’t appear on the post until I have read it.

If you ask me a question please pop back as I will always try to answer, you’ll find my answer under your original comment.

Love Jooles x x x